Saturday, October 17, 2009

My Very First Blog!

Last night I dreamt about cake, thick slices of heavenly moist cake; nutty, buttery carrot cake, deep dark fudgy chocolate cake, dense, flavorful banana cake – each piece generously topped with lots of creamy frosting. Yum. Of course cake is only something I can dream about right now. I am, as I have been so often in my life, on a diet. No fun, as you probably know.
This blog is not so much about dieting as about keeping off the pounds. Sadly the time to keep it off is not yet here, in fact, I am 16 pounds away from my goal. Who knows, when I get there I might be inspired to take off another 5 to 10 pounds. I am kind of playing it by ear, or should I say by mirror.


I teach English to foreign students and one of my fellow teachers who supplements his meager income by being a personal trainer (not mine) told me that dieting is easy, keeping it off is the difficult part. I’ve decided he is right. How many pounds have I lost in my life? Hundreds, I am sure. It was not painless but it was easy. Just eliminate anything that tastes good and voila!... weight loss. OK, so it wasn’t THAT easy…

Keeping it off is another story altogether. I have never been able to do that but I plan on becoming an expert on keeping it off! Really!

So coming closer to my goal, I begin my literary journey – blogging. I’m glad you’ve joined me; let’s make the trip together....

3 comments:

Computer Tid-Bits & Bytes said...

Luv it ;)

Judy said...

El........congratulations on what you've already lost! I, too, have just decided (grimly, w. teeth clenched) that "this is it"; that I must and WANT TO lose the rest of what I need to lose. Are you using any particular approach or diet or just good old common sense?

Ellen said...

Thanks for the comment, Judy. I am on Weight Watchers - I think their eating plan is the easiest and most sensible. It doesn't deprive me of the foods I love and it's extremely healthy. Coupled with a membership at the local gym I think I have a winning combination. As much as I'd rather be lazy and skip the gym altogether it really does speed up weight loss process.