In memory of:
- all the pounds we have lost throughout the years.
- the poor eating habits we have managed to change.
- having to hold our breath to zip up those favorite jeans.
- planning to start our diets on Monday.
- avoiding looking at our reflection as we pass a mirror.
- wondering why we always look so much heavier photos.
- finishing a dozen donuts on the way home from work while wondering what's for dinner.
- being out of breath after climbing a flight of stairs.
- having trouble finding stylish clothes in plus sizes.
- hiding in baggy clothes, hoping no one will notice our bulges.
- refusing offers of going to the beach because we wouldn't be caught dead in a swimsuit.
- spending most of our leisure time in front of the television.
- blood pressure that would make our doctors raise their eyebrows.
- deciding whether or not the plastic chair is strong enough to hold us.
- not being concerned with calories or caring about carbs and fat.
So along with paying proper respect to the memory of people who served in the military, make this a day to think about all the memories of behavior you have changed and celebrate those changes.
Add your remembrance in the form of a comment to this post and be honored for the healthy, motivated person you have become!