Thursday, November 12, 2009

Bust the Sugar Cravings

I'm joining Jen of Watch My Butt Shrink in her sugar-free two weeks. That means swearing off the sweet stuff until Thanksgiving in an effort to kick the sugar habit. The problem, according to Mark's Daily Apple is "that sugar has addictive properties complete with a serotonin rise and crash as well as some cranky withdrawal symptoms. Please forgive us if we're a little cranky for the next few days but we're going to give it a try.

So from now until Thanksgiving no sugary sweet treats will pass my lips, or Jen's. Maybe you'd care to join us. You can find Jen at Watch My Butt Shrink and let her know you are joining her challenge to beat the sugar craving!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for offering the sugar-free challenge. I dropped in on Jen's blog and announced that I'm giving it a go. Since I haven't had sugar today, I'm glad to say that I'm in at the beginning! WooHoo! :) Onward and forward! Kapow! Deb

Crabby McSlacker said...

Good for you!

I'm afraid I'd last about 45 seconds on this challenge. Not that I eat sugar every 45 seconds, but as soon as I decided I couldn't have it I'd HAVE to have some.

Good luck!

Yum Yucky said...

This makes me think...I've severely limited my sugar intake in the last two weeks, and suddenly, I don't feel lethargic anymore. 8pm rolls around and I'm still able to keep up with the kids and not drop on the couch. I'm gonna keep doing this.

xoxo

Ellen said...

Not too many days to Thanksgiving. No sugar for me but do I still crave it? Not unless I see some sugary treat - they will always tempt me!