Saturday, November 21, 2009

Thankful is a State of Mind

Here are some of the things I am thankful for this year:

  • Not giving in to my food cravings.
  • Finding new healthy indulgences.
  • Maintaining the motivation to go to the gym regularly.
  • Weight Watchers for giving me the tools I need for healthy weight loss.
  • My boyfriend, Len, for making the journey with me.
  • Having discovered an amazing weight loss support group in my fellow bloggers.
  • My nightly bag of 94% fat free popcorn (couldn’t do it without you).
  • Being back in a size 10 (the 8’s are still waiting in my closet).
  • My personal trainer, Bryce, who makes me work harder than I have ever worked before.
  • My water aerobics instructor, Debbie, who is absolutely the best!
  • My determination to reach my weight loss goal.
  • Vita Tops, a yummy one point treat.
  • Dr. Praeger who sees that I eat my veggies in the best burger ever.
  • Fage, who makes me think I am eating something naughty when I eat my daily yogurt.
  • My scale for seeing me through my 21.4 pound weight loss.
I am so fortunate to have the support and encouragement of my family and friends. Thank you all. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

FOODalogue said...

Have a happy and healthy Thanksgiving. You don't look far from goal - what will you blog about then?

Ellen said...

I am looking forward to reaching my goal and then my main focus will be maintaining. I think it is the most difficult part of the journey, based on personal experience. Staying at my ideal weight is something I have NEVER done. But I am determined, this time, to succeed. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! I'm sure it will be delicious.

annaspinner said...

You look amazing, Ellen! It was so great to see you over Thanksgiving. You definitely inspired me...I joined WW the other day. Love your blog, and you!!!
xo Anna