Whether you have a valentine or not isn't important. What is imperative is that you love yourself. So in preparation for Valentine's Day I want you to make a list of all your lovable qualities.
If you have trouble coming up with them, let me help you begin:
- Your sense of humor.
- Your caring and sensitivity to your family, friends and, of course, your weight loss buddies.
- The fact that you made the decision to lose weight and are sticking to it (even if you have an occasional set-back).
- That little bit of daring that shows you are not afraid to try something new, even if it seems foolish.
- Your generous spirit.
- The fact that you've made peace with your goal.
- Your strength.
- Your willingness to forgive.
- Your loyalty to the ones you love.
- You can improvise. If one thing doesn't work you try other ways to accomplish your goal.
- You don't give up in the face of adversity.
- Your huge heart and all the love it holds.
The rest is up to wonderful you. Use this as a starting point and create your own list of your lovable traits. Oscar Wilde said "To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance." And the wise and knowing Buddha said "You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection".
So when Valentine's day rolls around, go out and buy something special just for you. A bagful of wonderfully exotic fruit or maybe one of those pretty flower hair clips you've been admiring (if you're a woman) or treat yourself to a pedicure and have your toenails painted in your favorite sexy color. Guys, I haven't forgotten you - how about indulging in a professional massage or buying yourself that gadget you've been coveting. It doesn't need to be anything pricey but something just for you, because you really are wonderful!